Sunday, May 06, 2007

Freedom at last!

At last, I have now officially finished my dissertation!! With the exception of one tiny little report I need to write about my internship - I have finally completed all of my courses, dissertation and other requirements for my MA!

While it was quite a struggle working full-time and writing some 20,000 odd words, well actually almost exactly 20,000 words since that is how the English system works - no more and no less - the whole process was an invaluable learning experience (this is a good thing since a huge part of it was actually looking at using experience for more effective learning).

Overall I learned a lot and feel that I can apply much of what I researched and wrote about to my career in intercultural communication. And now, finally, I can really get on with it! In the meantime, I am especially enjoying my freedom. I almost forgot what it feels like to be able to come home in the evening or wake up on the weekend and not have any daunting goal of writing x number of words.

The only thing left to do now is wait and see what results I get. Fingers crossed for me so I can officially graduate in November!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow 20,000 words? I can't even imagine! You're going to have to pick up another hobby to fill all that time ;o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations x many!! It was a long process, but you have come through it all--no worries, you'll get the degree in November!!

Enjoy the luxury of being a happy, young woman for a time!!

See you REAL soon!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Zunders said...

Yay! Congrats, Cora! If anybody deserves a break, it's you. Take care of yourself, and congratulations! Love, Barb & Eli